Host, The New Journey podcast
Creator, Meaningful Life Mastery Academy
Co-Organizer, Curious Explorers of Berlin meetup group
Hi there, I am Mario M. Montreal (yes, that’s my real name—middle name is Marco). Welcome to my world. But first, let me ask you a question:
HAVE YOU EVER ASKED yourself…
- “How can I stop letting rejection and loneliness destroy me?”
- “How can I live my life the way I want to—without becoming someone I’m not just to ‘fit in’ (and yet it still doesn’t seem to work)?”
- “How do I skip superficial small talk?”
- “How can I stop being perceived as a boring person?”
- “How do I get rid of feeling alone and isolated all the time (even if you’re a misanthropic drunken loner)?”
- “How can I make new friends (if I am too afraid / don’t even know how to approach people the right way)? And how do I make sure my new ‘friends’ aren’t turning on me?”
- “How can I build a social circle (if I have no friends, at all)?”
- (Or, if you’ve ever been looking for a good friend who finally understands you…)
If so, you are in the RIGHT place.
Let’s get started.
Helping You Build a Thriving Social Life (from Scratch)
Here’s the truth.
I struggled for seven years to finally turn my own life around, and started building a thriving social life from scratch.
Who am I?
Just a random guy from Germany, who happen to have turned his life around (and started a website sharing the “how to”). Spent eleven months in a foreign country. Declined the offer to study International Business in Amsterdam (because I value practical, real-life experience—and results—over theory). Besides blogging, I work for Vodafone Germany in retail sales. I am 25 years old and live in Berlin.
But it hasn’t always been this way…
Deeply Depressed and Suicidal
I was bullied in high school, deeply depressed, socially anxious, and—what I realized in retrospect—suicidal. Had only few people I spent time with, because I couldn’t relate to others. Hence, isolated myself most of the time playing video games, watching porn, or drinking way too many beers to numb my unbearable pain.
Solely, soccer (as a player and, later, as a youth coach) and KiD CuDi’s music kept me going to find a solution to all my problems.
Since I had no girlfriend, no clique, no passion, no future plans and no real guidance, I decided to travel (read: escape) to Australia for one year.
Fresh out of school with no real-life experience, a LOT of fear and social anxiety… I got stuck. Couldn’t help myself but to accept the bitter truth:
You can’t escape your problems by avoiding them.
You can also not escape your problems by moving to a different city.
You can’t escape the root cause of your problems…
No matter where you go, you take yourself with you.
You can’t escape yourself.
Fortunately I woke up in time, took the red pill (i.e., full responsibility for my life and my decisions), seized my opportunity. In less than eleven months (with help) I turned my social life upside down. From deeply depressed and lonely to fulfilled and among friends.
So far, I’ve been…
- Developing authentic confidence in myself (and stopped pretending to be someone I’m not; still reserved in social settings, but that’s simply who I choose to be).
- Acknowledging my strengths and weaknesses.
- Creating a more positive (and objective) perspective on life.
- Expressing gratitude for who I am and what life has to offer.
- Starting to master the social skills necessary to attract the right people (and opportunities) in my life.
- Realizing the importance of being mindful and living life in this very moment. Hence, my daily rituals, routines and meditation.
- Figuring out how to be much more productive and effective in dealing with goal-setting and achieving them.
- Continuing forming success habits.
- The list goes on…
Put simply, through trial & error. And by immersing myself in principles of, among others: human behavior, motivation, psychology, neuroscience, influence, leadership, stoicism, high performance, sales, and marketing.
Read hundreds of books. Went to numerous conferences. Attended seminars, workshops, and multi-day conventions (like USANA’s 2014 International Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah). Last but not least, I surrounded myself with inspiring, uplifting people who I learned from first-hand—and who held me accountable. I got a mentor.
(I deeply believe the last two points made the biggest difference.)
More on the “how” in the premium membership:
Bio? Well… a gentleman never tells. But beyond that, I’m passionate about sharing perceptive insights on meaningful living by hosting The New Journey podcast.
Further I’m here to help you develop the social skills you need (without faking who you are), so that you can build a thriving social life from scratch.
I founded this website, MarioMontreal.com, in mid 2014 in an attempt to building a career in the network marketing industry (during my adventures in Australia). After returning to Germany, I realized that this wasn’t the path I wanted to pursue. Deep down I was motivated by something entirely different…
As a result, I revised my mission and message; to help perceptive thinkers just like you master the social skills you need so that you can build a thriving social life from scratch.
Because I know how hard and frustrating it is to suffer from social isolation, loneliness, and the inability to make connections with other people. Excuse my french, but to be a social outcast and loner is frustrating AF.
(And even if you are better off than I was years ago… it’s no fun to live a unfulfilling, mediocre, and boring life.)
I have a different approach when it comes to building a thriving social life than most “experts” out there; while most focus on mindset, I focus on execution. Effective execution. I refined my approach (and strategies) over the past few years, and it has served me well in living a deeply meaningful life with friends all over the globe from 20+ nationalities.
If you want to learn the exact strategies and tools I use in my daily life, sign up for the premium membership to get exclusive access here: