Host, The New Journey podcast
Creator, Meaningful Life Mastery Academy
Co-Organizer, Curious Explorers of Berlin meetup group
Hi there, I am Mario M. Montreal (yes, that’s my real name—middle name is Marco). Welcome to my world. But first, let me ask you a question:
HAVE YOU EVER ASKED yourself…
- “How can I stop letting rejection and loneliness destroy me?”
- “How can I live my life the way I want to—without becoming someone I’m not just to ‘fit in’ (and yet it still doesn’t seem to work)?”
- “How do I skip superficial small talk?”
- “How can I stop being perceived as a boring person?”
- “How do I get rid of feeling alone and isolated all the time (even if you’re a misanthropic drunken loner)?”
- “How can I make new friends (if I am too afraid / don’t even know how to approach people the right way)? And how do I make sure my new ‘friends’ aren’t turning on me?”
- “How can I build a social circle (if I have no friends, at all)?”
- (Or, if you’ve ever been looking for a good friend who finally understands you…)
…If so, you are in the RIGHT place.
Let’s get started.
Helping You Beat Social Isolation & Build a Meaningful Life (from Scratch)
Here’s the truth.
I struggled for seven years to finally turn my own life around, and started building a thriving social life from scratch.
Who am I?
Just a random guy from Germany, who happen to have turned his life around (and started this website sharing the “how to”). Spent eleven months in a foreign country. Declined the offer to study International Business in Amsterdam (because I value getting practical experience and real-life results over theory). Besides blogging, I work for Vodafone Germany in retail sales. I am 25 years old and live in Berlin.
But it hasn’t always been this way…
Deeply Depressed and Suicidal
I was bullied in high school, deeply depressed, socially anxious, shy—and suicidal. Never really talked about the last one before with anyone else. Had only few people I spent time with, because I couldn’t relate to others. Hence, isolated myself most of the time playing video games, watching porn, or drinking way too many beers to numb my unbearable pain.
Solely, football (as a player and, later, as a youth coach) and KiD CuDi’s music kept me going to find a solution to all my problems.
Since I had no girlfriend, no clique, no passion, no future plans and no real guidance, I decided to travel (read: escape) to Australia for one year.
My life was fucked up beyond belief, so what did I have to lose?
Fresh out of school with no real-life experience, a LOT of fear and social anxiety… I got stuck. Couldn’t help myself but to accept the bitter truth:
You can’t escape your problems by avoiding them.
You can also not escape your problems by moving to a different city.
You can’t escape the root cause of your problems…
No matter where you go, you take yourself with you.
You can’t escape yourself.
You have to face your fears.
And conquer your challenges.
Fortunately I woke up in time, took the red pill (i.e., full responsibility for my life and my decisions), seized my opportunity. In less than eleven months—with help—I turned my social life upside down. From deeply depressed and lonely to fulfilled and among many friends (that deserve the term “friends”).
In case you’re big on results, here are some.
So far, I have…
- Developed authentic confidence in myself (and stopped pretending to be someone I’m not; still reserved in social settings, but that’s simply who I choose to be).
- Acknowledged my strengths and weaknesses.
- Created a more positive (and objective) perspective on life.
- Expressed gratitude for who I am and what life has to offer.
- Started to master the social skills necessary to attract the right people (and opportunities) in my life.
- Realized the importance of being mindful and living life in this very moment. Hence, my daily rituals, routines and meditation.
- Figured out how to be much more productive and effective in dealing with goal-setting and achieving them.
- Continued forming success habits.
The list goes on…
Through trial & error. And by immersing myself in principles of, among others: human behavior, motivation, psychology, neuroscience, influence, leadership, stoicism, high performance, sales, and marketing.
Read hundreds of books. Went to numerous conferences. Attended seminars, workshops, and multi-day conventions (like USANA’s 2014 International Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah). Last but not least, I surrounded myself with inspiring, uplifting people who I learned from first-hand—and who held me accountable. I got a mentor. And good friends.
(I deeply believe the last three points made the biggest difference.)
More on the “how” in the premium membership:
About Mario M. Montreal
Bio? Well… a gentleman never tells. But beyond that, I’m passionate about sharing perceptive insights on meaningful living and guiding The New Journey podcast.
Further I’m here to help you develop the social skills you need (without faking who you are), so that you can build a thriving social life from scratch.
I founded this website, MarioMontreal.com, in mid 2014 in an attempt to building a career in the network marketing industry (during my adventures in Australia). After returning to Germany, I realized that this wasn’t the career path I wanted to pursue. Deep down I was motivated by something entirely different…
As a result, I revised my mission and message; to help deep thinkers just like you master the social skills you need, so that you can build a thriving social life from scratch.
Because I know how hard and frustrating it is to suffer from social isolation, loneliness, and the inability to make connections with other people. Excuse my french, but to be a social outcast and loner is frustrating AF.
(And even if you are better off than I was years ago… it’s no fun to live an unfulfilling, mediocre, and boring life.)
I have a different approach when it comes to building a thriving social life from scratch than most “experts” out there; while most focus on mindset, I focus on execution. Effective execution. I refined my approach (and strategies) over the past few years, and it has served me well in living a deeply meaningful life with friends all over the globe from 20+ nationalities.
If you want to learn the exact strategies and tools I use in my daily life, sign up for the premium membership to get exclusive access here: