Here it is:
Letting people and/or things—that don’t matter—matter.
How much time have we wasted…
- …pleasing others
- …seeking approval and validation from others
- …staying in the wrong job (aka, “job security”)
- …choosing the wrong customers/clients/business model
- …worrying too much about what other people think
- …taking life too serious all the time
The answer: Way too much.
Now is not the time to get down on us. It’s time to acknowledge our mistakes, learn from the past, and move on. And make smarter decisions in the future.
Live your life by your values.
Whatever you value…
- Or, whatever value you value
…Stay true to your values.
Last but not least, don’t “major in minor things,” as Tony Robbins uses to say.
Don’t lose sight of the bigger picture.
If you’re like me, you can be detail-oriented. However, you prefer focusing on the bigger picture. You can get easily bored and lose motivation if you’re stuck in daily to-dos, sales quotas to meet, or similar short-term goals.
So, minimize the time you spend at these tasks. Do more of what you’re naturally good at.
Play the long game.
P. S. I keep on making mistakes—all the time. However, I keep on getting back up. Rarely have I ever made the same mistake twice.