SUMMARY: ON MASTERY
Mastery doesn’t happen overnight.
It’s a life-long pursuit.
PERCEPTIVE INSIGHTS FOR THIS WEEK
- It takes hard work to become a master at anything.
- It’s said that it takes roughly 10,000 hours to become great at something. I don’t care. For me, it’s a life-long pursuit. It’s much more about putting in the work—every single day, consistently.
- New Years resolutions are not enough; developing success habits IS. Whatever it is. Whether it’s going to the gym or mastering social skills or learning how to make friends with like-minded people:
- Make it a daily habit, a lifestyle.
- Luck comes into it; that’s true. But without preparation… you won’t come across the right opportunity, you won’t get luck on your side.
- Stop “action-faking” it (e.g., listening to podcasts all day long, watching motivational videos online, reading inspirational books, etc.).
- Instead, take real action in real life. Just do that.
And, as always:
Enjoy the journey!
–Mario M. Montreal
Beat social isolation and start creating a meaningful life from scratch with Mario’s help here.
Like this? Get daily updates (and join the exclusive community) by entering your primary email in the form below.